Both are great for those who like reading Amish/simplicity type blogs.
On the first blog I was intrigued by the post on Sept 28th, about knitting looms. I can do basic knitting but I find it makes my thumbs ache. What they call a knitting loom seems to be a bigger version of what I knew as a Knitting Nancy when I was little. I used to make tubular dresses on it for my Sindy dolls, but the bigger ones could make socks! Have ordered a round one and a straight one from Amazon.
On the 2nd blog I found a great post for getting children (and adults too I should think!) to help out with chores. On October 17th the blogger writes about the list she gave her children; lists like this:
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Straighten rugs
- Stand on a chair and sing your favorite song
- Eat three grapes
- Make your bed
- Say something nice to your sister/brother
- Wash your nose
- Make sure there is nothing on couch besides the cushions
- Clean vanity
- Wash your hands
- Read a chapter in the book you are reading
- Dust livingroom furniture
- Draw a picture of a butterfly